Thursday, July 25, 2013

It's sketchy!


I try to sketch or draw or doodle everyday.  It really does not take much effort because I love to draw, so I do it as much as possible.  It seems like whenever I am on the phone, making a list or just passing time, I am also sketching or doodling.  Most of the time, I really try to draw in my sketch book, but sometimes it is on my "to do" list, or the mail, or a napkin or a receipt...you get the idea.  

The only problem that I have with sketch books is this...


They are SO UGLY!  Seriously, is this the best you can do Strathmore???  I know there are plenty of cute plain paper notebooks out there, but the paper is usually so thin in those, and I like the size of this one.  But the green cover, no I just can not deal with that nonsense!  So I doll my sketch books up so that they are cute and functional for me.




I paint the covers and then I put a strip of packing tape on the inside of the cover, by the spiral thing that binds it together, to make the cover stronger.  I also tie a ribbon around it to keep the pages together.  I do a lot of my drawing with water colors, and it warps the pages, so if I didn't have the ribbon around it, it would puff up and be extra fat.  


  See how unruly they get?


The book on top only has a few pages painted, but you can see how much they warp.  I don't really care about that, but I do want it all to stay together when I shove it in my purse!

Are you a doodler? 

  Here is a fascinating article about doodling, if you are interested.


2 comments: