Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY Jewelry

Well, I was back at it with my stash of foreign coins over the weekend.  I just never seem to get tired of making things with them, and since it was a long weekend, I was very busy!


So this is what I came up with first, a bracelet using a 20 franc coin.  I drilled a hole in each side, and attached jump rings on both sides.  Then I made the band by recreating the macrame I was hooked on making years ago during the summer camp years!


After I made the band, I add a sliding knot on the back (more macrame) so that I can put it on myself!  I like to wear lots of bracelets on my left arm, but I am left handed so it is always a struggle to get my right hand coordinated enough to hook them!  


Cute right?  Have you made anything with a coin yet?  What about a coin with a meaningful year, like the year you were married? 







No comments:

Post a Comment